Find your 2.8 Liter engine
Isuzu Pontiac Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Oldsmobile Jeep 2.8-liter-gm-chevy-buick-jeep-gmc-oldsmobile Engines Variations
Best Price Guarantee
We will match or beat any
ABOUT REMAN ENGINE
2.8 Liter Engines: Within this family of engines there are two main types: transverse (front-wheel drive) and longitudinal (rear-wheel drive) orientations. We will list which Chevrolet engines are transverse and which of them are longitudinal. Most of these engines, however, are listed in the Chevrolet 60 degree V6 engine category or the GM High Feature V6 engine class. There is also one 2.8-liter inline 4-cylinder engine that General Motors produced for use in its light duty trucks.
- LE2 - This was the first transverse Chevrolet 60 degree 2.8 engine for sale. It debuted in the year 1980 and produced 112 hp. It was used in the 1980-1985 Chevrolet Citation, 1980-1985 Buick Skylark, 1986 Buick Century, 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass, 1980-1984 Oldsmobile Omega, 1980-1984 Pontiac Phoenix, 1982-1986 Pontiac 6000, and the 1982-1986 Chevrolet Celebrity.
- LH7 - The high output transverse variant of the LE2. Appeared for sale in the 1984 Chevrolet Celebrity, 1982-1984 Buick Skylark T-Type, 1982-1984 Oldsmobile Omega SX, 1982-1984 Pontiac Phoenix SJ, 1983-1984 Pontiac 6000 STE, 1989-1991 Isuzu Trooper, and 1981-1984 Chevrolet Citation X-11.
- L44 - This version of the original transverse Chevrolet 60 degree V6 engine was the first to utilize multiport fuel injection. This 2.8-liter Chevrolet engine was for sale in the 1985-1986 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport, 1985-1988 Pontiac Fiero, 1985-1986 Pontiac 6000 STE, and 1985 Chevrolet Citation X-11.
- LB6 - Chevrolet started using this transverse engine in 1985 to replace the outdated LE2. The engine was featured in the Chevrolet Cavalier from 1994-1995, the 1985 Chevrolet Citation, the 1985-1986 Chevrolet Celebrity, the 1985-1986 Cadillac Cimarron, the 1985 Buick Skylark, the 1985-1986 Pontiac 6000, and the 1985-1986 Oldsmobile Firenza.
- LC1 - The first of the longitudinal 60 degree Chevrolet engines produced. It was a 2-Barrel design and made 102 hp. The engine was featured in the 1982-1984 Chevrolet Camaro as well as the 1982-1984 Pontiac Firebird.
- LR2 - As a longitudinal engine, it produced 115 hp and was used exclusively as a Chevrolet truck engine. It was used as a 1982-1986 Chevrolet S-10 engine, 1982-1986 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer engine, 1984-1986 Jeep Cherokee engine, and 1986 Jeep Comanche
- LL2 - A carbureted and longitudinal engine that included throttle-body fuel injection and was installed in the Chevrolet S-10 from 1986-1993, Chevrolet S-10 Blazer from 1986-1993, GMC S-15 from 1982-1986, GMC S-15 Jimmy from 1982-1986, and the 1989-1991 Isuzu Trooper.
- LB8 - Longitudinal engine with multiport fuel injection and had 135 hp. It was featured in the 1985-1989 Chevrolet Camaro as well as the 1985-1989 Pontiac Firebird.
- LK5 - This engine was a newer take on the Chevrolet 2.8 engine in which it was actually an inline 4-cylinder engine instead of a V6 engine. This 2.8-liter Chevrolet engine for sale was also known as the Vortec 2800 engine that had a dual overhead cam (DOHC) design and was rated at 175 hp from the factory. The LK5 was used strictly as a 2007-2012 Chevrolet Colorado engine, a 2007-2012 GMC Canyon engine, and a 2007-2009 Isuzu i-290 engine.
- LP1 - The LP1 engine was a newer 2.8-liter engine that was a part of the High Feature V6 engine class by General Motors. This GM 2.8 engine was primarily used in the 2005-2010 Cadillac CTS where it produced 210 hp at the crank. This 2.8 engine for sale came with sequential multi-port fuel injection and a 10.0:1 compression ratio. 0
- LAU - This engine was known as the GM 2.8 turbo engine because of its turbocharged status from the factory. This engine had a reduced compression ratio to 9.5:1 to handle the extra air intake from the turbo and produced 300 hp in its stock form. This 2.8 GM engine was only found in the 2010-2011 Cadillac SRX and the 2011-2012 Saab 9-4X.
Use The Search Tool
Verify options in the form for a quick search