FIND YOUR ENGINE
Reman Engine warrants engine parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period indicated from the date of installation, assuming the part was (and can be documented) installed by a Licensed Automotive Repair Facility.
Gasoline Engines installed in non fleet or commercial Automobiles and Light Trucks up to 11,000 GVW
5 years, Unlimited mileage, $50 per hour Mitchell labor reimbursement rate - labor paid only on approved claims after factory inspection. First time part replacement is FREE.
Gasoline engines installed in Commercial Fleet Automobiles and Light Trucks
3 years or 75,000 miles, $50 per hour Mitchell labor reimbursement rate - labor paid only on approved claims after factory inspection. First time part replacement is FREE.
Gasoline Engines Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Vehicles exceeding 11,000 G.V.W.)
12 months or 12,000 miles, $50 per hour Mitchell labor reimbursement rate - labor paid only on approved claims after factory inspection. First time part replacement is FREE.
12 months or 12,000 miles, $50 per hour Mitchell labor reimbursement rate - labor paid only on approved claims after factory inspection.
18 months, unlimited hours, $50 per hour Warranty Labor reimbursement rate with a cap of $800
In the event that it is determined that the part must be replaced, the original part must be returned to remanufacturing facility before any warranty labor consideration and reimbursement.
You must save your proof of purchase receipt. If you’re not able to provide proof of the initial purchase date at the time of warranty service, the manufacturing date of the product will be used to determine the warranty period.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Normal Wear: Remanufactured engine products, like all mechanical devices, need periodic parts service and replacement to perform correctly. Our warranty would not apply if damage to the product has occurred because of misuse, lack of routine maintenance, shipping, handling, warehousing or improper installation. Similarly, warranty is void if the serial number of the product has been removed or the product has been altered or modified with aftermarket performance enhancing parts.
The life of a mechanical device depends upon the conditions under which it operates, and the care it receives. Wear, when caused by dirt, dust, spark plug cleaning grit or other abrasive material that has entered the engine because of improper maintenance, is not covered by warranty.
Our warranty will not extend to cover repairs if:
- Problems caused by parts that are not our original (remanufacturer) parts.
- Damage as a result of Overheating, Lack of Lubrication, Fuel Wash or Contamination.
- Damage resulting from Pre-Ignition or Detonation - Including but not limited to melted or broken piston, broken piston rings, damaged cylinder heads, leaking head gaskets, etc.
- Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
- Repair or replacement of any accessory or service item, including specifically but not limited to: all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical, exhaust and ignition systems in addition to all belts, hoses, sensors, switches and filters.
- Any product used for competition, racing or related purposes.
- Any product to which a device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer’s specifications has been installed.
- Damage as a result of electrolysis, including but not limited to, deterioration of engine components as a result of excessive electrical current.
- Improperly maintained coolant, and/or any product on which periodic maintenance services required by the original manufacturer have not been performed.
- Crankshaft Thrust Surface worn due to excessive forward pressure placed on the rear of the crankshaft.
- Damage resulting from improper repair(s) or attempted repair(s) by any service technician.
- Leaking carburetors, clogged fuel pipes, sticking valves, or other damage, caused by using contaminated or stale fuel.
- Parts which are scored or broken because an engine was operated with insufficient or contaminated lubricating oil or an incorrect grade of lubricating oil (check and refill when necessary, and change at recommended intervals). Engine damage may occur if oil level is not properly maintained.
- Repair or adjustment of associated parts or assemblies such as clutches and transmissions.
- Damage or wear to parts caused by dirt, which entered the engine because of improper air cleaner maintenance, re-assembly or use of a non-original air cleaner element or cartridge. At recommended intervals, clean and/or replace the filter as stated in the Operator’s Manual.
- Engine or equipment parts broken by excessive vibration caused by a loose engine mounting, improper attachment of equipment to engine crankshaft or other abuse in operation.
- Lack of routine tune-up or adjustment of the engine.
- Engine or engine component failure, i.e., combustion chamber, valves, valve seats, valve guides or burned starter motor windings, caused by the use of alternate fuels such as, liquefied petroleum, natural gas, altered gasoline, etc.
- Products used for purposes other than their original intended use.
No warranty shall apply to products installed on any Recreational Vehicles over 11,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight which includes most Class A, Class B and Class C Motor Homes and Bus conversions. Additionally, please be aware that the only engines designed expressly for large motor homes should never be used in such an application.
Products used in competitive racing or on commercial or rental race tracks are not warranted. Or remanufactured engine products are not warranted if used in an application for which they were not engineered e.g., using standard gasoline engines in a marine application. This warranty does not apply to fleet or commercial vehicles other than as indicated.
Authorized repairs on approved claims (after factory inspection of returned parts) will be reimbursed at a rate not to exceed the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule. Hourly rates for all authorized repairs will be paid in accordance with rate paid for the original installation but not to exceed $50.00 an hour. Do-it yourself repairs, repairs performed by unlicensed repair facilities, or repairs made to units not originally installed in a LARF will not be reimbursed.
INSTALLATION, BREAK-IN PROCEDURES
Our remanufactured engine products are designed to provide years of trouble-free service. In order for your engine to perform as expected, it must be installed correctly, operated responsibly and properly maintained.
Engines and Cylinder Heads
Once the product has been installed, it is the owner’s responsibility to break-in the product properly. After the break-in period and 600 mile checkup, the product must be maintained to the original manufacturer’s specifications.
When applicable, valves must be readjusted to your vehicle’s manufacturer’s specifications.
Your remanufactured engine requires special care during its initial “break-in” period. To ensure your engines long life expectancy and proper engine performance, please follow these procedures during the first 600 miles of operation.
- Do not drive for long periods at any single speed, always vary your speed.
- Do not tow a trailer or put other heavy loads on the vehicle.
- Check the engine oil and coolant levels daily.
600 Mile Checkup: (Not covered under the warranty terms)
- Check fuel and ignition settings.
- Change engine oil and filter.
- Adjust Valves (where applicable).
Manufacturer does not recommend using synthetic engine oil until after the first 5,000 miles. Follow your vehicle owner’s manual for service intervals.
Failure to perform these procedures can result in damage to the product that will not be covered under your warranty.
Please retain all service records (repair orders, invoices, etc) related to your remanufactured engine product maintenance and service. In the event of a product failure you will be required to provide copies of installation invoice and all maintenance records covering the installed product.Original service records from authorized service center must be kept during warranty period. Personal maintenance records are not accepted. Oil and temperature light/gauge and speedometer MUST be in the proper working order
Reman Engine (RE), used engine warranty is limited to manufacturing defects of the following parts: block, heads, pistons, crankshafts, camshafts, rockers, and other internal components only. RE warranty does not cover any attached accessory parts, such as switches, sensors, cables, electronics, belts, hoses, water pumps, manifolds, wire harnesses, valve covers, brackets, flywheel etc.
Used Engine Warranty (Year 2000 or newer)
Personal: 5 Year/ 50,000 miles (parts only)
Commercial: 36 mo/ 36,000 miles (parts only)
Diesel and Commercial trucks: 36 mo/ 36,000 miles (parts only)
RE is not responsible for any charges associated with improper engine installation and or labor costs.
Since our inventory is located at various supplier facilities, delivery times may vary, but it normally takes 7-14 BUSINESS days (excluding weekends and holidays). Even though its uncommon but sometimes delivery times may be affected due to unusual circumstances that may require some additional time.
Our shipping is free to commercial address within Continental USA. Residential deliveries or request for lift gate will result in $75.00 additional shipping charge, unless noted otherwise.
All returned parts or cancelled orders are subject to a 25% handling and restocking fees, customer assumes all the shipping costs unless replacement is authorized by RE during warranty period. If order was canceled after payment was processed, but part was not shipped out, customer is responsible for credit card processing fees.
Customer is responsible for fulfilling the terms of the payment. If customer defaults on the payment terms he/she will be responsible for all of the charges associated with collection. These charges will include all collection costs and attorney fees.
Wrong parts ordered or parts that were not diagnosed correctly are non-refundable.
RE will not assume towing, shipping, transportation charges or rental car costs.
Falsifying any information will automatically void your warranty.
Please note that you are purchasing used part! We do our best to make the part as presentable as possible but we make no guarantees towards the appearance of it.
Please inspect all the parts before signing on delivery.
The mileage stated is approximate whenever is available to the best of our knowledge.
RE warranty does not apply to oil leaks/damage on engines due to seals, gaskets and filters that has not been replaced.
OEM auto parts are interchangeable within multiple years, makes and models. Same part throughout multiple year range will result in a exact fit for multiple makes and models as determined by OEM standards.
Deposits made to us are non-refundable unless otherwise noted.
If return or exchange was authorized by RT, the part needs to be received in the same assembled condition as it was originally shipped to the customer. If the part is not received in the same condition there will be absolutely NO REFUND under any circumstances. If the engine was disassembled or altered in any way without RE written authorization the warranty will be void.
Engines are run tested tested, visually inspected and cleaned.
WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF:
Engine was not properly installed.
Engine was used for racing.
Engine was used without proper lubrication or cooling regardless of the reason.
Engine is not installed within 30 days after delivery.
RE warranty will cover only a one-time claim per product purchased from us.
RE warranty claim representative will work with you to ensure your experience is a complete success.
We reserve the right to charge any applicable fees in connection with processing of your warranty claim.
RE warrants the original purchaser only. We guarantee that any used engine sold by RE shall be free from knocking, excessive oil consumption and cracks in the block, and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Used Engine definition:
The term used engine shall mean, a used engine assembly (basic block, cylinder head and internal components) supplied by RE of the original manufacturer. All other accessories attached, left on the block for the convenience purposes only.
Subject to the limitations listed below, RE at its discretion will either send a replacement engine of the same kind that is available at the time or refund the customer purchase price if the engine is defective and no replacement is available.
RE will not be responsible for any labor cost incurred by the customer, unless prior agreement is made.
RE warranty applies to the used engines ONLY.
This warranty will not apply if:
- Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
- Repair or replacement of any engine, including specifically, without limitation, to all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical, engine control system, and all ignition system components, belts, hoses and filters.
- Engine was used for competition racing or related purposes.
- Engine has been repaired or remodeled to which any part or accessory is not conforming to original manufacturer specifications has been installed.
- Engine is damaged as a result of overheating or lack of lubrication.
- Engine is returned with the heat tabs missing or melted.
RE warranty does not apply for an initial installation.
RE warranty claim must be submitted and authorized by RE warranty technician prior to any work being performed.
Purchaser needs to submit documentation, as required within 5 business days, otherwise your claim will be denied, no exceptions.
Vehicle use shall be immediately discontinued once the issue or problem has been identified, otherwise warranty will be void.
The RE liability is solely and exclusively limited to supplying a replacement engine whenever one is available or refunding customer with purchase price. RE does not assume any liability associated with labor costs, replacement of engine oil, transmission fluid and antifreeze, or damage to other engine or transmission parts or components towing charges, telephone calls, freight, lost profits, lost time, substitute transportation or replacement vehicle or any other consequential damages. RE assumes no responsibility for any failure resulting from improper installation, modification of the product faulty or incompatible parts and accessories and/or abnormal use of operation. State and federal laws regulate odometer mileage for most used automobiles, but odometer mileage determinations for used engines, transmissions and their parts are not practically possible. Determination of mileage use for used engines cannot be done with certainty since the engines are often sold and/or transferred apart from the original vehicle in which they were originally installed. Therefore all representations of mileage are estimates.
RE offers an extensive engine and transmission warranty regardless of the mileage, based upon our expertise and evaluation of our products.
Extended warranties are also available at the additional cost. Contact our customer service department for details.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE REQUIREMENTS
PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLATION
Prior to the installation and operation of this recycled product, it is necessary to perform certain inspections, change over accessories and perform a routine maintenance to insure uninterrupted service. Some accessory parts and components have been left attached for your convenience only. These accessories may save some time during installation, however the professional installer is responsible for the parts and accessories exchange. Parts, change over accessories and wear and tear items are left on the engine block is for convenience only and are not covered under warranty. Please address any warranty questions through our website.
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR PRE-INSTALLATION CHECK LIST TO AVOID MOST COMMON CAUSES OF FAILURES!
FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING CHECKS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!
- Identify the cause of original engine failure and make appropriate repairs.
- Check for compatibility of the replacement engine.
- Before installation, clear all computer diagnostic codes.
- Inspect and replace all necessary gaskets and seals (front seal, rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, oil pan and oil pan gasket and pick up tube). Apply sealant on crankshaft bolts that are drilled through to avoid leaks.
- Install new thermostat and gasket.
- Remove all cap-plugs and orifice covers.
- Replace hoses, clamps, belts, timing belt and replace a water pump.
- Install new spark plugs and wires.
- Exchange the flywheel and bolts.
- Exchange other accessory items (mounts, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, distributor and sensors) to ensure a proper fit.
- Per manufacturer recommendations, please disable fuel/ignition before attempting to start the engine. This will allow the oil to prime.
- Replace oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, coolant (anti-freeze). Insure the cooling system is flushed and functioning properly.
- Please drain excess oil and coolant from exhaust system.
- For engines with oil cooler, radiator or external cooler must be replaced.
Engine oil and filter has to be changed after the first 1,000 miles after installation.
Regular oil/fluid and filter changes (performed by commercial facility) to follow every 3000 miles.
Original service records from authorized service center must be kept during warranty period.
Personal maintenance records are not accepted.
Oil and temperature light/gauge and speedometer MUST be in the proper working order
New thermostat MUST be installed
New timing belt must be installed (if applicable)