Find your 3.5 Liter engine
Honda Acura 3.5-liter-honda-acura Engines Variations
Best Price Guarantee
We will match or beat any
ABOUT REMAN ENGINE
3.5-Liter Engines: The Honda 3.5 V6 engine is featured in the C, H, and J Honda engine classes. The C engine class by Honda is by far the older of the two engines and the J series V6 engines were the replacement for the C and H series engines.
- C35A1 - This was the first 3.5-liter V6 engine that Honda produced in the C engine class. It featured single overhead cam (SOHC) cylinder heads and was a 90-degree configured V6 engine. It produced anywhere from 210-225 hp depending on the vehicle it was used in and the year. This 3.5 Honda engine was widely used in the 1996-2004 Acura RL 3.5.
- J35A1 - Produced between 1998 and 2001 this engine produced 210 hp and was the first of the J series 3.5-liter engines. The J35A1 engine was used in the production of the 1999-2001 Honda Odyssey.
- J35A3 - Found in the 2001-2002 Acura MDX, this 3.5-liter Honda motor for sale produced 240 hp at 5,800 rpm.
- J35A4 - This J series 3.5 Honda engine was the first to receive the VTEC variable valve timing (VVT) system. It had 10.0:1 compression and produced 240 hp but had a better fuel economy rating than the 3.5 Honda engines before it. The J35A4 was used as a 2002-2004 Honda Odyssey engine as well as a 2003-2004 Honda Pilot engine.
- J35A5 - Used as a 2003-2006 Acura MDX engine, it produced 265 hp with 10.0:1 compression and was also equipped with VTEC technology.
- J35A6 - This version of the J series 3.5 motor added multi-point fuel injection for an increase to 255hp in 2005. It was used in the 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey as well as the 2005 Honda Pilot. This engine retained VTEC technology and a 10.0:1 compression ratio.
- J35A7 - Used only for select 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey engine models, this engine came equipped with all-new Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) which improved gas mileage even further. This engine retained the 10.0:1 compression ratio and was rated at 255 horsepower.
- J35A8 - This engine added made it on Ward’s top 10 engines list 3 separate years for its reliability. It had an 11.0:1 compression ratio and a horsepower rating of 286 hp which is a major increase. This 3.5 Honda engine was used in the 2005-2008 Acura RL as well as the 2007-2008 Acura TL Type-S.
- J35A9 - Used in the 2006-2008 Honda Ridgeline and the 2006-2008 Honda Pilot, this 3.5-liter Honda engine produced 247 hp with 10.0:1 compression.
- J35Z1 - This engine included PGM fuel injection for the front-wheel-drive version Honda Pilot.
- J35Z2 - This was specifically designed for the automatic 2008-2012 Honda Accord, 2010-2012 Honda Accord Crosstour, and the 2013-2018 Acura RDX. It produced 268 hp from the factory and had a 10.5:1 compression ratio. This 3.5 Honda engine for sale used the i-VTEC variable valve timing (VVT) system as well as variable cylinder management (VCM).
- J35Z3 - Designed specifically for the manual transmission version of the 2008-2012 Honda Accord, this engine produced 268 hp with 10.0:1 compression but did not get variable cylinder management (VCM).
- J35Z4 - Engine produced for the 2009-2015 Honda Pilot, this version of the J series 3.5 V6 Honda motor has variable cylinder management (VCM) and produces 250hp with 10.5:1 compression.
- J35Z5 - This 3.5 Honda motor is equipped with VTEC and is used in the 2009-2014 Honda Ridgeline. It produced 250 hp and has a compression ratio of 10.0:1.
- J35Z6 - Featured in the 2010-2014 Acura TSX V6 as well as the 2009-2014 Acura TL, this engine had a higher compression ratio of 11.2:1 and a more aggressive tune resulting in a horsepower increase to 280 hp.
- J35Z8 - This engine was produced between 2011 and 2017 for the Honda Odyssey and it included variable cylinder management (VCM) for better fuel economy. This 3.5 Honda engine has a 10.5:1 compression ratio and was rated at 248 horsepower from the factory.
- J35Y1 - Serving as the main engine powerplant for the 2013-2017 Honda Accord V6 and the 2013-2015 Honda Accord Crosstour, this engine had variable cylinder management (VCM) and VTEC engagement at 5,150 rpm. It produced 278 hp stock and had a 10.5:1 compression ratio.
- J35Y2 - Added VTEC management for the manual version of the 3.5-liter V6 engine equipped with 2013-2017 Honda Accords. This engine produced 278 hp and had a 10.0:1 compression ratio.
- J35Y4 - This engine is used in the 2014-present Acura RLX, has 11.5:1 compression, and is rated at 310 hp from the factory. This 3.5-liter Honda engine also features direct fuel injection and variable cylinder management (VCM).
- J35Y5 - Found in the 2014-present Acura MDX, this engine is rated at 290 hp for most applications and features direct injection, variable cylinder management (VCM), VTEC technology, and 11.5:1 compression to produce 290 horsepower.
- J35Y6 - The most recent 3.5-liter V6 engine used by Honda with direct injection and rated between 262hp and 280hp depending on the year and vehicle it's in. It's used as a 2015-2020 Acura TLX engine, 2016-present Honda Pilot engine, 2017-present Honda Ridgeline engine, 2018-present Honda Odyssey engine, and a 2019-present Honda Passport engine. It has VTEC, direct injection, and variable cylinder management (VCM) to produce 290 horsepower with 11.5:1 compression.
Use The Search Tool
Verify options in the form for a quick search