Find your 4.3 Liter engine
Pontiac Chevrolet Oldsmobile GMC 4.3-liter-gm-chevy-pontiac-oldsmobile Engines Variations
Best Price Guarantee
We will match or beat any
ABOUT REMAN ENGINE
4.3 Liter Engines: The Chevrolet 4.3 Vortec engine (or Vortec 4300) is a V6 engine produced from 1985 until 2014 with several different designations. The 4.3 Vortec was a staple among Chevrolet V6 engines and appeared in a wide variety of Chevy models. A common problem amongst high mileage 4.3 engines was excessive oil consumption that, left unattended too, could cause an engine knock and ultimate engine failure.
- LB1 - As the first of the Vortec 4300 engines, they had Rochester Quadrajet 4-barrel carburetor as the main fuel system. It produced 155 hp on average and was used primarily for Chevrolets trucks and vans. The LB1 appeared in the Pontiac Parisienne, Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet C/K trucks, GMC C/K trucks, Chevrolet S-10, GMC Sonoma S-15, Chevrolet Blazer, GMC Jimmy, Oldsmobile Bravada, Chevrolet G-series vans, GMC Safari Vans, and Chevrolet Astro
- LB4 - The General Motors 4.3 engine incorporated a new throttle-body fuel injection system. Mainly found in Chevrolet car models, it produced 130-150hp. This engine could be found for sale in the 1995 Chevrolet Impala, 1985-1988 Chevrolet Caprice, 1985-1988 Chevrolet El Camino, and Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
- LU2 - Included new strutless pistons and a higher power camshaft. This model was considered the high-output 4.3 Vortec Chevrolet engine. This engine produced 170 hp and 225lb-ft of torque. It was used in the production of the 1990-1992 Chevrolet Astro van as well as the GMC Safari Van.
- L35 - This version of the 4.3 Vortec engine introduced new sequential central port fuel injection (SCPI). The L35 was rated at 200 hp with the help of the newly developed Vortec heads. This engine appeared in the GMC Safari Vans, GMC Jimmy, GMC Sonoma, Oldsmobile Bravada, Chevrolet C/K trucks, Chevrolet Express, Chevrolet Astro Van, Chevrolet Blazer, Chevrolet S-10, and Chevrolet Silverado.
- LF6 - The LF6 incorporated the same sequential central port fuel injection (SCPI) in some of the engines and used multi-point fuel injection (MPFI) systems in others. These engines were produced in the Chevrolet C/K / GMC C/K trucks, Chevrolet Express / GMC Savana, Chevrolet Astro Van / GMC Safari Van, Chevrolet Blazer / GMC Jimmy, Chevrolet S-10 GMC Sonoma, Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra as well.
- LU3 - This 4.3 Vortec engine for sale included the new innovative multi-port fuel injection system and was used from 2004 all the way to 2009 in all Chevrolet and GMC trucks and vans.
- LG3 - This engine was introduced in 2003 and was only used for that year. It used the same multi-port fuel injection system as the LU3. The LG3 was rated as having 10 hp less than the LU3. This engine was also found in all Chevrolet and GMC trucks and vans during the years it was manufactured.
Use The Search Tool
Verify options in the form for a quick search