Find your 5.3 Liter engine
Isuzu Pontiac Buick Cadillac Hummer Chevrolet GMC 5.3-liter-gm-chevrolet-cadillac-hummer-buick-pontiac-isuzu-gmc Engines Variations
Best Price Guarantee
We will match or beat any
ABOUT REMAN ENGINE
5.3 Liter Engines:The Chevrolet 5.3 vortec engine was V8 in architecture and introduced in 1999. It is also referred to as the Vortec 5300 engine. Common problems can range from excessive oil consumption to intake manifold/ gasket leaks especially when they are pushed beyond the factory horsepower rating.
- LM7 - Comes with a cast-iron block and aluminum heads, producing 270 hp all the way up to 295 hp. The LM7 was the first of the 5.3-liter small block ls based engines and was introduced in 1999 for use in trucks and vans. The engine was used in Chevrolet production vehicles all the way up until 2007. This engine is recognizable by the 8th digit of the VIN number being “T”. The LM7 was used from 1999-2002 in the Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon, Chevrolet Suburban, Cadillac Escalade, and GMC Yukon XL.
- L59 - WIth the vin code “Z”, this engine was essentially just the flex-fuel version of the LM7. It was featured in the 2002-2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 Package, 2002-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe, 2002-2006 Chevrolet Suburban, 2002-2006 GMC Yukon, 2002-2006 GMC Yukon XL, and the 2002-2007 GMC Sierra 1500.
- LM4 - The LM4 was the first of the 5.3 Vortec engines to receive an aluminum block. However, the engine had a very short production life. Your Chevy vehicle has this engine if it has the VIN code “P”. It made 290 hp and was featured in the 2003-2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT, 2003-2004 Chevrolet SSR, 2003-2004 Isuzu Ascender, 2003-2004 GMC Envoy, and the 2004 Buick Rainier.
- L33 - The L33 was identifiable by the VIN code “B”. This 5.3 Vortec engine had an all aluminum block and flat top pistons. Those changes along with a slightly better tune resulted in an increase to 310 hp and 335lb-ft of torque. The L33 was also known as the high output Chevy 5.3 Vortec engine for sale. This engine found itself placed into the 2005-2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD as well as the 2005-2007 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD.
- LMF - The LMF was introduced in 2010 and stayed in production until 2014. It was an iron-block design and did not have active fuel management systems. The 5.3 Vortec was for sale in the 2010-2014 Chevrolet Express half ton AWD as well as the same model GMC Savana Van.
- LH9 - Debuted in the year 2010, it was an upgraded version of the LH8 that included flex-fuel E85 utilization option and variable valve timing (VVT). This engine made 300hp and was used in the 2010-2012 Chevrolet Colorado along with the 2010 Hummer H3 Alpha and GMC Canyon.
- LS4 - This was a transverse oriented 5.3 Vortec that included an aluminum block and LS6 cylinder heads. This performance 5.3-liter Chevy engine also featured active fuel management. It produced 303 hp and was featured in the 2006-2009 Chevrolet Impala SS, 2006-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, 2005-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, and the 2008-2009 Buick LaCrosse Super.
Use The Search Tool
Verify options in the form for a quick search