Find your 5.9 Liter engine
Jeep Dodge 5.9-liter-dodge-jeep Engines Variations
Best Price Guarantee
We will match or beat any
ABOUT REMAN ENGINE
5.9-Liter Engines: The 5.9-liter engine from Chrysler Motor Corporation makes its presence in a wide variety of different engine configurations. Under the 5.9-liter engine size the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and AMC families of engines include the AMC 360 V8 engine, the Chrysler 360 V8 engine, the Dodge 360 V8 engine, the 5.9 Magnum V8 engine, and the 5.9 Cummins inline 6-cylinder engine.
- AMC 360 - The 360 AMC engine is a well-known American-made V8 engine for many reasons: The 360 cubic inch V8 AMC engine was the last carbureted engine used in a vehicle built in America, the engine was in production for over two decades in AMC, Jeep, and Chrysler vehicles, and finally the 360 V8 engine was the last AMC engine for sale to be manufactured. It should be noted that this engine was also known as the Dodge 360 engine, Chrysler 360 engine, and Jeep 360 engine. The AMC 360 engine was for sale in 1970 AMC AMX, 1970 AMC Rebel, 1971-1978 AMC Matador, 1970-1987 Jeep J-series trucks, 1972-1984 Jeep Wagoneer (SJ), 1974-1983 Jeep Cherokee (SJ), and the 1984-1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. The Jeep 360 engine produced anywhere from 160-295 hp.
- 5.9 Magnum - The Dodge 5.9 Magnum engine was introduced for sale in 1993 which was essentially an upgraded version of the old Dodge 360 engine. This engine included all of the same upgrades that the 5.2 Magnum engine got over the old 318 motors. The 5.9 Magnum engine produced approximately 250 hp from the factory and had a compression ratio of 9.1:1. This engine was found in the 1998-2001 Dodge Dakota R/T, 2000-2003 Dodge Durango R/T, 1992-2002 Dodge Ram, 1992-2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Van, 1992-2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Van, 1992-2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Van, 1992-2003 Dodge Ram Wagon, 1992-2001 Dodge Ramcharger, and the 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
- 360 Marine engine - The 360 marine engine was modified by Chrysler to be used in marine applications such as fishing and leisure boats. These 360 cubic inch V8 engines had different oil sumps and their cooling systems were made to use water cooling instead of coolant and a radiator. These Dodge 360 marine engines also had screens around the starters and alternators to prevent sparks from exiting the engine compartment for safety reasons. The 360 marine engines are widely used as powerful boat engines for sale.
- 5.9 6BT Cummins - This 5.9 Cummins engine for sale was most commonly known as the 12-valve Cummins. This version of the 5.9 Cummins diesel engine included VE and P7100 inline injection pumps, Bosch fuel systems, and mechanical fuel injection. The 12-valve 5.9 Cummins engine could be found in the 1989-1998 Dodge Ram 2500 and 1989-1998 Dodge Ram 3500 pickup trucks. The 12-valve 6BT Cummins diesel engine was rated at approximately 230 hp with 430lb-ft of torque in its stock form. This version had a 17.5:1 compression ratio.
- 5.9 ISB Cummins - The second generation 5.9 Cummins engine is better known as the ISB 5.9 Cummins which stands for (Interact System B) or the 24-valve Cummins engine. This diesel engine had many updates over the previous 12-valve design including first and foremost 24-valves (4 valves per cylinder instead of 2), a multi-valve pushrod system, forged steel connecting rods, an aluminum intake manifold, and a Bosch fuel system. Later on in the ISB Cummins development, it was given common rail fuel injection along with a Bosch CP3 high-pressure pump which helped add power and fuel economy. The 24-valve Cummins was for sale in the 1998.5-2007 Dodge Ram 2500 and the 1998.5-2007 Dodge Ram 3500.
Use The Search Tool
Verify options in the form for a quick search